POPIA READINESS IN THE ADVERTISING INDUSTRY
A client in the advertising industry requested Mobius to assist with their Privacy remediation journey as part of their readiness efforts for the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) compliance.
The project’s objective was to align the organisation’s Data Privacy practices with the new Protection of Personal Information Act and other leading Privacy regulations.
Some of the critical activities that Mobius assisted the client with included but not limited to:
- Privacy content development and training for employees and key Privacy roles
- Development of Privacy Governance Structures for the organisation
- Development of the Personal Information Inventories to determine the extent of personal information processing in the organisation
- Development of Data Subject Right Request Processes
- Defining Third Party Risk Management Framework
- Defining Record Retention and Disposal Requirements
Mobius applied a practical and interactive approach to Privacy Compliance.
This advertising institution’s compliance efforts were strengthened through the development and implementation of Privacy roles, structures, policies, procedures, controls and measures, to ensure maximum and ongoing privacy compliance.
As a result, the client expedited the implementation of privacy control activities, addressed compliance shortcomings, and met stakeholder expectations.